If you are looking for tips and information on improving your organisational skills and planning, you have come to the right place! Here is a library of the tips, advice and useful links we have shared on Twitter and Facebook:
- If you work late on a regular basis, work out which tasks you could have delegated
- Hate those boring tasks like filing? Once you’ve done it, reward yourself with a task you really enjoy
- Start the day with the jobs you hate or you’ll find excuses all day not to do them
- If you can’t find what you’re looking for once it’s filed, you need to rethink your filing system – this applies to both soft and hard copy
- End the working week on a high – Why not complete one of those horrible tasks you keep putting off so there’s no need to worry about it next week? You can then have a conscience free weekend!
- Do you struggle at the end of the month with your receipts? Book half an hour in your diary at the end of each week to sort them out and save yourself a headache
- Don’t forget the time management matrix when planning – it will help you identify tasks to delegate
- If you’re using weekly plans, use them to help create your daily plans – and don’t forget to carry forward any uncompleted tasks and re-prioritise them as required.
- If you feel overwhelmed by your workload, be sure to ask yourself what you could have done differently to stop that from happening.
- When making weekly/daily plans, don’t forget to add important personal tasks too, but don’t get distracted by them.
- An excellent article for any busy professional – “10 Time Management Tips That Work” http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/219553
- 7 office organising tips for small businesses:
- Useful filing tips: http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newHTE_85.htm
- Need help getting organised? “8 Easy Organizational Tips to Increase Your Productivity at Work: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/high-octane-women/201109/8-easy-organizational-tips-increase-your-productivity-work
- Here’s some tips on using the weekend to make your working week better: http://myfootpath.com/mypathfinder/job-tips-weekend-better-work-week/
- Here’s 7 Things to make you look forward to Mondays: http://www.ynaija.com/shola-okubote-7-things-to-make-you-look-forward-to-mondays/
- Being organised isn’t just for work. Here’s some tips to help you with everyday life: http://getbuttonedup.com/#
- Some great tips for all you busy people. How to train your brain to multi-task effectively: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/225865
- Trying to juggle business and kids this school holiday? Here’s some excellent tips for holiday life/work balance: http://www.sage.co.uk/blog/index.php/2013/02/half-term-tips-for-working-parents/
- Interesting concept on managing your day in 15 minute blocks:http://www.inc.com/jason-womack/productivity-time-management-tips.html
- If you find yourself doing some work at the weekend, why not check out these Sunday productivity tips? http://thenextweb.com/
lifehacks/2012/11/24/ start-your-work-week-right-with -these-productive-tips-for-sun day/
- What do you do to get the most out of your Mondays?http://dmiracle.com/2012/03/
05/ get-the-most-out-of-your-monday -morning/
- 7 time savers for the overworked:http://www.wrike.com/blog/11/14/2011/7-Time-Savers-Overworked-Wrike-s-New-Infographic
If there are any specific subjects that you’d like us to cover, please contact us: email@example.com